Returns and Warranty
30 Day Return Policy (US Only) - Our Satisfaction Guarantee:
If you are not satisfied with your Cemtrex SmartDesk, you can return it within 30 days upon receipt. Cemtrex's guarantee doesn’t cover ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper use or accidents subject to the terms of our limited warranty.
Because of the size and weight of the SmartDesk, we do not offer a refund for any shipping charges you may have paid to receive your SmartDesk. Returns will be charged an additional return shipping fee of $250 or more, depending on your location.
If your SmartDesk is returned in damaged condition or with missing parts, you may be charged an additional restocking fee.
SmartDesk Limited Warranty
Cemtrex, Inc. (“Cemtrex”) extends the following Limited Warranty, which applies only to home or office, indoor use of the SmartDesk. Any other use of the Cemtrex SmartDesk shall void this Limited Warranty. During the applicable Limited Warranty periods described below, the covered components of the Cemtrex SmartDesk will be free of defects or malfunctions during normal use. Certain exclusions apply, as further described in this Limited Warranty.
The Limited Warranty applies for the following SmartDesk only, for the time period indicated. The Limited Warranty applies only against defects discovered within the applicable Limited Warranty period and only so long as the SmartDesk remains in the possession of the original purchaser, or for gifted SmartDesks, the owner of the original named recipient to that SmartDesk.
Components – 12 months. Cemtrex warrants the SmartDesk against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 12 months from the date of original delivery. SmartDesk tabletop surfaces are not warranted against normal wear and tear.
Labor – 6 Months. For Cemtrex SmartDesks originally assembled by an authorized Cemtrex technician, Cemtrex will cover the labor cost for the repair or replacement made under this Limited Warranty for a period of six (6) months from the date of original delivery. Except where applicable law requires otherwise, repair labor is not covered for locations where Cemtrex did not originally assemble the SmartDesk or if the SmartDesk is moved to a location that is outside of Cemtrex’s service area.
Exclusions and Limitations
Who is covered?
- The original owner of the Cemtrex SmartDesk. The Cemtrex SmartDesk must remain in the possession of the original purchaser, or for gifted SmartDesks, the owner of the original named recipient to that SmartDesk. This Limited Warranty is not transferable.
What is covered?
- If a defect arises in the Cemtrex SmartDesk or a warranted component within the applicable Limited Warranty period, the purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy is for Cemtrex to, at Cemtrex’s discretion to the extent permitted by law, either replace or repair the defective or malfunctioning Cemtrex SmartDesk or component with the same or a comparable model.
- Any replacement or repaired component shall be warranted for the remainder of the original Limited Warranty period or 30 days, whichever is longer, or for any additional period that is required by applicable law.
What is NOT covered?
- Any other Cemtrex products or services, non-Cemtrex products or labor, units that are, or that Cemtrex reasonably believes to be, stolen, counterfeit, or purchased from an unauthorized distributor or reseller, units purchased or used outside the U.S., and units missing serial numbers.
- Software, even if sold with or embedded in the Cemtrex SmartDesk. Cemtrex does not warrant that the operation of the Cemtrex SmartDesk will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- Damage or equipment failure due to normal wear and tear, improper or negligent assembly, maintenance, installation, relocation, or repair (other than that caused by a Cemtrex authorized service technician), use of the Cemtrex SmartDesk with parts or accessories from third parties, or with parts or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with the Cemtrex SmartDesk, or any use contrary to the instructions in the SmartDesk User’s Guide.
- Damage or equipment failure due to accident, abuse, improper or abnormal use, neglect, corrosion, discoloration of paint or plastic (or any other change in cosmetic appearance that does not affect performance), theft, vandalism, fire, flood, wind, lightning, freezing or other natural disasters or acts of God of any kind, electrical wiring, power reduction, power fluctuation or power failure from whatever cause, unusual atmospheric conditions, collision, introduction of foreign objects, or modifications that are unauthorized or not recommended by Cemtrex.
- Incidental or consequential damages. Cemtrex is not responsible or liable for indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, economic loss, loss of property or profits, loss of enjoyment or use, or other consequential damages of any nature whatsoever in connection with the purchase, use, repair or maintenance of equipment or parts. Cemtrex does not provide monetary or other compensation for any such repairs or replacement parts costs, including but not limited to work time lost, cost of substitute equipment, service visits, maintenance visits or transportation.
- Any attempt to move or repair SmartDesk creates a risk of injury and property damage. Cemtrex is not responsible or liable for any damage or injury incurred during, or as a result of, any move, repair or attempted repair of equipment by anyone other than a Cemtrex authorized service technician. All moves or repairs attempted by you or your agents are undertaken AT YOUR OWN RISK and Cemtrex will have no liability for any injury to persons or property arising from such attempted moves or repairs. In addition, labor may no longer be covered if you move outside of Cemtrex’s service area.
- Where permitted by law, replacement units, parts and electronic components reconditioned to as-new condition by Cemtrex or its vendors may sometimes be supplied as warranty replacement and constitute fulfillment of warranty terms.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY GIVEN BY CEMTREX AND SUPERSEDES ANY PRIOR, CONTRARY OR ADDITIONAL REPRESENTATIONS. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY STATUTORY WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE DISCLAIMED EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. IN SUCH EVENT, SUCH WARRANTY IS LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE WARRANTY PERIODS SET FORTH ABOVE. THIS EXCLUSION APPLIES EVEN IF THIS WARRANTY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSES AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER DAMAGES ARE SOUGHT FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
The Service Plan does not cover: deterioration of the appearance of the product, any cosmetic part or finish defects such as paint, or plastic, dents, scratches, chips, breakage, loss, rust or peeling.